Immigrant, Muslim & Refugee Capitol Day: 2018
Democracy Doesn’t Work Without Your Participation
When: February 14th, 2018
Time: 8 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Where: Missouri State Capitol
201 W Capitol Ave
Jefferson City, MO 65101
Join MIRA and CAIR-MO/KC for lobby day this year, where hundreds of Missourians will travel to the State Capitol in Jefferson City to meet their elected officials to advocate for immigrant & refugee rights, and become civicially empowered. We need your help to counter the growing trend of hatred in our nation. Immigrant, Muslim & Refugee Capitol Day (IMRCD) is a day when you will get the opportunity to have one on one meetings with elected officials.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Taking the Van: We will have 15-passenger vans leaving from St. Louis & Kansas City, Missouri. A $5 donation towards transportation is suggested. The vans will leave St. Louis at 7:00 a.m., please meet at MIRA (2725 Clifton Ave.) the morning of February 14th. We plan to leave Jefferson City by 2:30 p.m. to return to St. Louis. Meeting for Kansas City to be announced soon.
- Why do you Need my Address?: During the registration process you will be asked for your address. We use this information to arrange meetings between IMRCD participants and State Representatives.
- We will never share your information with any 3rd party
- Is Lunch Provided?: Yes it is! However, feel free to bring snacks.
- If I’m Driving do I Need to Register?: Yes, you must register in order to participate in IMRCD. By registering our office is able to contact elected officials to arrange meetings, and we have a head count for lunch.
- If I’m Driving Where do I Park?: There is ample parking near the State Capitol Building on the street, in parking lots, etc. However parking is not free. Please be advised.
- What Will I Talk to My Elected Official About?: We will provide all participants with talking points and issues to discuss during your meetings. We also encourage you to build a meaningful relationship through personal stories. We will also provide a training for all those participating when we first arrive (at 8:30 a.m.) in Jefferson City. We will meet downstairs of the Capitol Building in Hearing Room 2.
- Informational Folders: Upon Arrival in Jefferson City you will be given an informational folder with all the details about IMRCD, the schedule for the day, your meeting times and locations, best practice guide and more.
- If I Have More Questions?: Email email@example.com.